The Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is the largest student organisation in Europe. It was founded in 1989, with the aim to support and develop student mobility. Every year, ESN maintains and develops several IT tools such as its intranet ESN Galaxy and its webpage template ESN Satellite.
ESN offers an Web Development Internship at our international headquarters in Brussels. The intern will work on designing, developing and documenting a high-traffic Drupal platform while at the same time supporting various smaller Drupal projects.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Concretise the functional design of a web project
- Develop a web platform with Drupal
- Assist the IT Committee*
- Assist the office with IT related tasks
- Assist the Web Project Administrator
- Write project documentation
Terms and conditions
- Internship for a duration of 6 months
- The successful applicant should start ideally on the 19th of August
- Must have an Erasmus+ Placement or any Internship Agreement
- Accommodation at the ESN house in Brussels is provided
- Transport costs in Brussels are covered
Required skills and expertise
- Experience with Drupal
- Structured and reliable way of working
- Background in computer science, engineering or similar
- Interest in web development
- Basic knowledge of PHP (advanced knowledge is a plus)
- Knowledge of git is a plus
- Knowledge of Drupal module development is a plus
- Knowledge of ESN’s projects and especially its web projects is a plus
To apply, you are encouraged to use the ErasmusIntern platform (login required). Alternatively, please send a short motivation letter and CV to [email protected] by Sunday the 10th of July 2016 at 23:59 CET. Interviews (via Skype) will be conducted the following week with the shortlisted applicants.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions regarding the position.
*The IT Committee of ESN, which works closely with the Web Project Administrator, aims at strengthening the organisation by developing IT systems for the whole network and providing assistance and advice about technological matters in general.