Application form to the Training and Conference
- What? Training event and conference.
- When? Arrival on the 1st of May. Departure after lunch on the 4th of May 2019.
- Where? Singapore.
- For whom? Students and University staff members from ASEAN countries.
- Why? To kick-start the pilot phase aiming at fostering Internationalisation at Home through the creation of local student organisations to support international students in Asia.
What is the Conference and Training about?
The conference and training event will bring together approximately 10 experts in international student mobility and IaH from Europe and Asia, with 20 ASEAN Higher Eeducation Institutions representatives (in particular International Relation Office staff members) and students, and it will consist of workshops, cooperative sessions, and a panel discussion.
The event will allow the participants to:
- get a thorough understanding of the current state of IaH in Asia and Europe through participation in an interactive conference with experts from the two continents;
- develop their skills, expand their knowledge and share good practices for successful support to international students;
- get to know more about the management, structure and running of local student organisations through different workshops using non-formal education methods.
This conference and training event is also expected to result in the creation of a common vision and plan to enhance IaH in ASEAN, and to support international students in the HEIs involved, through the creation and/or strengthening of local volunteer-based student organisations. The project will also create a toolkit with practical guidelines and templates supporting HEIs and local volunteer-based student organisations.
Who can participate?
At least 6 HEIs from 6 different ASEAN countries, each represented by 1 International Relations Office staff member and 2 students, will directly be involved in the pilot phase of the project. They will take part in the conference and training event, and will bring back the newly acquired knowledge to their respective institutions, which in turn will enable and equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills to implement the plan drafted during the event.
Costs & Subsidies
The conference and training event will be free of charge and the organisers will provide all participants travel subsidies. In addition, the organisers will also cover the accommodation in a youth hostel for the students. Participating HEIs are expected to cover the accommodation costs of their staff representative.
How to apply?
Please submit your application via the form below by 22 March 2019 at 23:59h Singapore time.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
In partnership with
With the support of
Did you participate in activities/events organised by this organisation, were you an active member helping organise activities, were you a coordinator/project manager coordinating the organisation of activities or were you a board member in charge of the management of the whole organisation?